Version 3.9.1 (862, January 15 2016) changes:
Version 3.9.0 (860, May 20 2015) changes:
- Longer timeouts for popup progress dialogs.
Version 3.8.9 (858, April 22 2015) changes:
- Fixed email address format checking,
- Better support for 'search',
- Fixed problems with 'copy to sent',
- Better HTML message handling,
- Improved background fetching in poor connectivity.
Version 3.8.7 (840, May 14 2014) changes:
- Addition of salumail.com to available secure email domains,
- Login fixes related to invalid local key storage,
- Fixed download of folders containing files with multiple revisions.
Version 3.8.6 (824, March 10 2014) changes:
- Addition of recipient's 'Read' time stamp to chat messages,
- Fixed access trace of messages/files to reliably show all records.
Version 3.8.5 (810, January 27 2014) changes:
- Better support for clicks on encoded URLs,
- Support for new manifest permissions attributes.
Version 3.8.4 (806, January 1 2014) changes:
- Fixed bug in choosing of file attachments.
- Fixed flickering while performing Drag and Drop.
- Better copy & paste support in table views.
Version 3.8.3 (800, November 20 2013) changes:
- Simplified sending to regular email addresses.
- Use sha256 secure hash for creating symmetric keys.
- Enhanced secure random number generator.
Version 3.8.1 (794, September 27 2013) changes:
- Maintenance release focusing on stability and performance.
Version 3.8 (790, August 8 2013) changes:
- Maintenance release focusing on stability and performance.
Version 3.7.6 (756, April 9 2013) changes:
- Improved stability on intermittent connections and cellular networks,
- Chat window cosmetic changes,
- Fixed occasional issues with downloading files created on Mac OSX into Windows,
- Cleaned up some repetitive online/offline notifications.
Version 3.7.4 (742, December 10 2012) changes:
- Many improvements for clients with poor or intermittent connectivity,
- Much faster view synchronizations when waking up from sleep state,
- Added support for older Java versions (1.4 and 1.5).
Version 3.7 (700, September 19 2012) changes:
- Faster logins,
- Faster message viewing and many fixes in the message composer,
- Facelift with improved layout and look.
Version 3.6.3 (692, July 1 2012) changes:
- Added ability to increase font size for message viewing and composing,
- Added info status bar to better communicate warning/error messages,
- Changed rendering of timestamps, and various other cosmetic changes.
Version 3.6.2 (686, May 9 2012) changes:
- Improvements in rendering of HTML formatted emails,
- Stronger encryption by increasing the minimum RSA key length to 2048 bits,
- Performance enhancements for loading large inboxes and overall responsiveness,
- Fixed a bug that could lead to opening older document versions.
Version 3.6.1 (676, March 5 2012) changes:
- Support for command line file uploads and email sending,
- Search in chat window includes attachment names,
- Chat window autoscroll fix.
Version 3.6 (670, November 30 2011) changes:
- Added ability to edit remote files. Saved changes are seamlessly updated to remote storage,
- Added file versioning and ability to restore overwritten files,
- Updated message editor.
Version 3.5.3 (660, November 3 2011) fixes:
- This is mostly a bug fix release focusing on broken file and attachment uploads,
- We also updated upload progress indicators and any aborts are now clearly reported.
Version 3.5.2 (656, October 28 2011) fixes:
- fixed occasional incomplete uploads when using multiple file attachments or Q&A encryption,
- fixed occasional static noise in voice mail recordings,
Version 3.5.1 (650, October 26 2011) improvements:
- Support for image pasting directly in to the email composition window; those are sent as encrypted attachments.
Version 3.5 (644, October 17 2011) improvements:
- Secure file uploads are now handled in the background leaving the interface available to the user.
- Secure email with large attachments are now easily sent regardless of quality of the Internet connection.
- Chat/Instant Messages support in-line attachments.
- spell checker fixes and improvements
- improved applet performance
Version 3.4.5 (634, May 3 2011) improvements:
- ability to compose email with rich and plain formatting
- improved spell checker for Brazilian, Danish, Duch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portugese, Spanish, Swedish
Version 3.4.4 (630, April 20 2011) improvements:
- implemented http tunneling for improved connectivity behind firewalls
- updated sound effects
Version 3.4.2 (624, March 11 2011) improvements:
- compatibility fix to support Java 1.4 .
Version 3.4.1 (622, March 11 2011) improvements:
- improved connectivity,
- simplified login and account creation,
- fixed problems with background spell checker.
Version 3.4 (616, February 23 2011) improvements:
- new rich text email editor,
- more streamlined contact creation,
- new email preview with image filtering.
Version 3.3.4 (610, January 21 2011) improvements:
- rapid secure sharing of folders to anyone with an email address,
- faster server response by combining requests,
- new navigation templates for improved usability.
Version 3.3.2 (600, January 03 2011) improvements:
- increased storage quotas,
- introduced different notification sounds,
- improved usability with specific improvements to new accounts.
Version 3.3.1 (596, December 20 2010) improvements:
- chat slide-up window changed
- changed notification sounds
- option to disable online status slide-up notifications
Version 3.3.0 (590, December 01 2010) improvements:
- changed chat message entry layout and added 'typing' notification into chat entry panel
- added stars for marking important messages for follow up
- enhanced online/offline notifications
- fixed broken auto-responder
- private label enhancements
Version 3.2.3 (564, August 02 2010) improvements:
- improved robustness of server connectivity, especially on cellular networks
- increased font sizes for message compose and view areas
Version 3.2.1 (558, June 25 2010) improvements:
- message access tracing automatically includes tracing of attachments
- improved loading speed and memory usage
- private label customization enhancements
- minor HTML email preview fixes
- chat window enhancements
- stability improvements
Version 3.1.1 (504, Feb 22 2010) improvements:
Version 3.0.0 (500, Jan 22 2010) improvements:
- improved contact list building and automated invitation management
Version 2.9.6 (462, Oct 12 2009) improvements:
- added an optional password reset functionality to business sub-accounts
Version 2.9.0 (426, Jan 14 2009) improvements:
- added voice email capability
Version 2.8.3 (398, Jun 12 2008) improvements:
- improved firewall traversal
- improved international character support
- simplified contact creation
- added email export
Version 2.7.3 (368, Nov 1 2007) improvements:
- Implemented encrypted password recovery. Passwords can now optionally be encrypted with user defined key phrases. A combination of key phrases is required to recover a password.
Version 2.7.2 (366, Aug 1 2007) improvements:
- Implemented a search funciton for all encrypted content, including secure messages, secure instant messages, secure address book, etc.
- Improved performance of large encrypted folders.
Version 2.7.1 (358, May 1 2007) improvements:
- Implemented a common recycle bin for all items: emails, addresses, instant messages and files.
- Implemented an optional narrow-wide split layout for wide screen monitors.
- Reduced Windows installation package size. Windows installation now uses the system installed Java and will install it from the Internet if none is found.
Version 2.7.0 (350, January 17 2007) improvements:
- Implemented a new, simple and transparent way of opening attachments and all files.
- Improved user interface responsiveness.
Version 2.6.1 (330, July 19 2006) improvements:
- Changed Folder Tree to visually separate secure email, secure file storage/sharing and secure instant messaging functions.
- Improved spam filtering.
Version 2.6.0 (310) improvements:
- Implemented Role Based Access Control (RBAC). The addition of user groups allows a system administrator to assign privileges to groups such as Sales or Accounting and add users into those groups. RBAC greatly reduces the amount of administrative effort required to add or delete system users.
Version 2.5.2 (286) improvements:
- Implemented a multi-language spell checker. Available languages: English (British, Canadian, US, Legal, Medical), Brazilian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portugese, Spanish, Swedish.
Version 2.5.1 (284) improvements:
- Implemented the ability to connect using direct HTTP and HTTP proxy connections. This new connection method allows connections through most corporate firewalls that restrict any Internet traffic other then web browsing.
Version 2.5.0 (278) improvements:
- Implemented the ability to send encrypted messages to people without an active account.
Version 2.4.6 (268) improvements:
- Added online status display. Users can now show their current online status as "Available, Away, Not Available and Do Not Disturb".
- Added addressee auto-completion feature. Any partial address, name or contact name entered in the "To", "Cc" or "Bcc" field will now show a list of possible matches in a drop down box. The best match can be selected with the <Enter> key and the list can be scrolled with the up/down arrow keys.
- Redesigned the "select recipients" dialog to include the auto-completion feature.
- Implemented text highlighting in the user search dialog box.
Version 2.4.5 (258) improvements:
- Improved new message notifications. It is now possible to include the original subject line in email notifications.
- Improved plain text message preview for previewing HTML messages without loading any HTML content.
- Added the ability to control encryption key size for user accounts created as part of a multi-user business account.
- Added an additional encryption layer where messages can now be protected with individual passwords.
Version 2.4.4 (240) improvements:
- Implemented message expiry and message revocation capability.
This enables users to send time sensitive secure email or revoke them after sending.
- Software login enhanced to fully anonymize user access.
- Modified folder rename function so that all shared folders have a consistent name for all users.
- Improved overall performance and reduced memory requirements. The software is now faster and takes less memory.
- Implemented ability to work through single server connections. This is useful for some firewall configurations.
Version 2.4.2 (216) improvements:
- Improved handling of HTML messages.
- Corrected display of email addresses for international non-English customers including east European and Asian locales.
- Notifications of new secure email content or secure file storage content can now be sent to multiple contacts.
- Minor localization issues were addressed.
Version 2.4.1 (196) improvements:
- Implemented support for multiple email addresses for each account. Individual users can now have 5 email addresses per account, business users can have up to 12 addresses for each account.
- New accounts are now assigned an email address that matches the user name as closely as possible.
Version 2.4.0 (180) improvements:
- Implemented automatic software updates. Future software updates will be installed automatically. This feature can be disabled.
- Implemented contact management for business accounts.
Version 2.3.3 (174) improvements:
- Implemented an ability to transfer folder ownership.
- Improved shared folder management features.
Version 2.3.2 (162) improvements:
- Implemented out of office auto-responder.
- Implemented support for authenticating SOCKS 5 proxy.
- Improved chat functionality.
- Improved folder sharing functionality. Child folders can now inherit parent folder properties.
- Added an ability to remove the secure "reply to" footnote.
- Improved connectivity for computers behind firewalls. Mac OS X users with default firewall configurations should notice much faster logins.
Version 2.3.1 (138) improvements:
- Implemented printing functionality.
- Implemented email signatures.
Version 2.3 (124) improvements:
- Implemented a full-featured, encrypted Address Book for contacts outside of CryptoHeaven.
- Improved Plain-Text message preview. HTML messages can now be easily viewed in plain text. This is very significant for privacy conscious people concerned with email tracking through images embedded in HTML emails.
- Implemented anti-aliasing for screen fonts.
- Implemented ability to import data from other sources.
Version 2.2.5 improvements:
- Implemented Drafts message folder.
- Other minor improvements and fixes.
Version 2.2.4 improvements:
- Implemented support for message attachments sent to regular, non-CryptoHeaven email accounts.
- Added "Accept encrypted external e-mail" option in Options tab. This option controls acceptance of email delivered through CryptoHeaven Secure Email Gateway.
- Other minor improvements.
Version 2.2.3 improvements:
- Updated Java JRE distribution in the full Windows installation to v1.4.1_02. This fixes most issues with computers running Windows 98.
- Implemented support for Windows style Cut/Copy/Paste accelerator keys. In addition to Ctrl+X, Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V, you can now use Shift+Del to cut, Ctrl+Ins to copy and Shift+Ins to paste.
- Added "Bcc:" field for email messages. Enable it by marking "File -> Show BCC" from the top menu of message composition window.
- Other minor improvements.
Version 2.2.2 improvements:
- Implemented support for receiving secure web-mail and secure web-forms.
Version 2.2.1 improvements:
- Simplified secure, multi-user chat creation procedure.
- Simplified secure folder sharing procedure.
- Added "Cc:" field for email messages.
- Numerous usability enhancements.
Version 2.2 improvements:
- Support for Business Accounts. Now you can subscribe once and have as many user accounts as you wish. Put everyone in your organization on one system and host your entire email domain on CryptoHeaven.
- Enabled personalized email address. Now you can have email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Many other updates and usability improvements.